Tuesday 6 January 2015

December delayed posts and birthday bunting

December delayed posts

I haven't been blogging for the past few weeks. That was due to the festive season and birthdays all in December. I have been rather busy with baking chiffon cakes as well (orange chiffon, pandan chiffon, banana chiffon). Now that I have been baking so often, I can finish the preparation process and set it in the oven within a fairly short time. By the way, while writing on my new post, I am waiting for my pandan chiffon cake that is now in the oven. I hope it turns out well.

I took some pictures of the banana chiffon cake that I have baked for my husband's birthday. I didn't make the chocolate icing myself though. Got the icing packet from the supermarket. I will try to make my own icing for Milena's birthday next month.

Banana cake fresh from the oven
Turning the cake upside down
I didn't do a good job applying the icing.

For Christmas, I bought Milena a box of colouring pencils and her favourite Sesame Street character, Elmo. She has seen the presents before Christmas day but I decided to wrap them up again, just to let her enjoy the fun of unwrapping presents.



Helping to 'decorate' the X-mas tree before unwrapping her presents

We saw the first snow on 27th December. It stopped snowing after a day. Milena took her first walk in the snow.



For new year countdown, we had chosen to stay at home and celebrate with a bottle of champagne and erm..pandan chiffon cake lol..

I've been longing for a set of interchangeable knitting needles for a long time. Finally my dreams came true. Thanks to my husband for buying me this set of lana grossa needles. This set consists of:

8 pairs of wooden knitting needles in the size of:
3.5 / 4.0 / 4.5 / 5.0 / 5.5 / 6.0 / 7.0 / 8.0 mm
4 knitting cables in the length of:
60 / 80 / 100 / 120 mm




Watermelon birthday bunting

Around two weeks ago, I started crocheting birthday bunting for Milena's upcoming birthday. In the previous posts, I mentioned about the mini heart buntings. That is a different bunting from this one. I was thinking of a theme that is cheerful and suitable for children, with not too many colours. So after playing around with different colours for a bit, I have decided to stick to watermelon theme with the wordings: "Hoera Milena is jarig" (Hurray it's Milena's birthday). I used two shades of green, dark pink, white and black for my bunting.

Chaining up the flags
Sewing on my crochet letter
A stack of flags piled up like hamburger
Watermelon flesh serves as a space between words
Alternating the flag colours
I've also created a handle for the bunting
Ta-dah! My watermelon birthday bunting
Thanks to my dear brother for believing in me. Otherwise I would have given up on my idea of completing this project.

Before I go, I shall show you my freshly baked pandan chiffon cake. It's yummy!



Cheers.

2 comments :

  1. Weird.. I thought i posted some comments here.. Anyway the cake looks delicious! And the bunting banner Turn out good too. The colour combination are nice. Please keep it for milena to see when she grow up. Or even reuse it. V sweet to have a link to the past.

    ReplyDelete